Make it a Happy Birthday!
Your baby's birthday is the biggest event of your life and it can be a fulfilling, beautiful celebration. Creating a birthing team of trusted individuals that support you in reaching your specific goals is key to your empowerment and well being. I am happy to become part of your dream team of dedicated professionals to help you achieve your desired type of delivery. Please read on to learn how I work with client families and what's included in my Birth Doula Service Package.
- Full access to the Doula Clients Only section of this website. It includes a guide to writing your birth preferences and sample plans, information on routine hospital procedures for mothers and newborns, prenatal testing and treatment options, induction information, breastfeeding videos and troubleshooting resources, and much more to make your pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum time enjoyable and healthy.
- One 2 hour prenatal meeting. Together, we will review your birth plan and outline specifications for your labor and delivery. We'll review comfort measures, positions and tools that can be used during childbirth along with information about what to expect at your specific birthing facility. This meeting takes place around the 35th week of gestation after your childbirth class is complete.
- Resource guidance and emotional support. Throughout your pregnancy, I am available via email, telephone or social media to provide support and answer questions. My hope is that all clients use me as a resource for pregnancy and beyond. Be sure to follow me all my boards on Pinterest. Specifically, the Birth Doula / Labor Support Board includes many helpful articles posted by midwives, doulas, childbirth educators and lactation consultants from all over the country. My Facebook Page is The Happiest Doula.
- Support for your childbirth preferences. I encourage you to find your ideal path to welcome your baby into this world. I cheerlead you during pregnancy, labor and postpartum by providing information so you can make informed and empowered decisions that meet the needs and desires for your family. My job is to make sure your voice is heard during childbirth and that your plan is read and followed by the hospital staff.
- Stand-by labor support 24 hours a day for 7 days prior to your estimated due date until you give birth. I ask that you keep me updated on signs of your labor beginning during the daytime. I provide tips and tricks to make your labor comfortable and remind you how to use your tools.
- Peace of mind that you will have birth support. Your back-up doula's name and contact information is provided to you prior to labor. Instructions are provided so that if I cannot be reached during your labor, you will have full doula support in my absence. This info has NEVER been needed or used but allows us all to sleep better knowing that we are covered in case of an emergency.
- Continuous support during labor and delivery. I join you during active labor at your home and/or the hospital. I stay with you for approximately one hour after you have given birth to assist you with the first breastfeeding latch and feeding, take photos, tidy up the labor room, and admire your new family addition!
- Professional comfort measures. I offer help with positioning, hydrotherapy, massage, and aromatherapy. I apply timed pressure to acupuncture points to relieve pain, nausea, and create a more effective contraction pattern. I may use a Rebozo to sift your belly and encourage baby to turn, if necessary, which can help shorten labor and relieve back pressure.
- 24/7 postpartum telephone support. In the weeks that follow your baby's birthday, I can answer questions about postnatal and breastfeeding issues. I become your 2:00 in the morning (or afternoon) buddy that offers a friendly and sympathetic ear when the rest of the world is asleep or unavailable. No concern or question is silly or unimportant when you are worried and need assurance!
If requested, I am happy to visit you during the postpartum period. Usually, my clients invite me to lunch or we meet for coffee to catch up, talk about their baby's birth and take photos as keepsakes. Many clients are my Facebook friends and we regularly share videos, messages, etc. to stay in touch long-term.
How Much Does Childbirth Support Cost?
I charge $899 for the above services. An additional fee of $100 is applied to clients who book services after 36 weeks gestation, are out of my service area, or plan to birth at a hospital other than Atlanta Medical Center, Emory Midtown, Northside or Piedmont. If you're ready to plan your birthday celebration, please schedule your free telephone interview. My calendar fills quickly and I'm usually booked solid two months in advance of an estimated due date so don't delay if you want me as your doula!
Get doula support for your baby's birthday! This service includes but isn't limited to:
- Birth plan guidance
- One 2 hour prenatal meeting to discuss birth preferences, comfort measures, and what to REALLY pack in your hospital labor bag
- 24/7 on-call labor support and a back-up doula (just in case)
- Full access to the Clients Only section
Consider the optional Hypno Add-on service, which includes all of the above and:
- An additional 1.5 hour prenatal meeting to review your hypno practice, personal cues, and Special Safe Place
- Access to borrow my hypno at-home study program (if available)
- If necessary, access to borrow the Baby Stay In or Baby Come Out cds (if available)
Before making your purchase, confirm whether or not you are in my service area.
Hypno-Doula Service Add-On
A trained hypno-doula is a wonderful compliment to your birthing team. There is an additional fee of $199 for hypno clients that use the Hypnobabies at-home study course. This includes the above-mentioned Birth Doula Services with an additional 1.5 hour meeting to discuss your hypno training and tools. We will review your cue words, Special Safe Place, and address any concerns or questions about your practice sessions. This extra meeting takes place around week 37 of gestation.